About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Painting Completed

DSCF1136

It’s been one of those days where I managed to get lots done, even though the little ones turned up at home before lunch.

This is the first painting I’ve done in ages that I actually like, which is ironic considering I didn’t feel like I wanted to do it in the first place.

I’ve hung it in my ensuite bathroom where there’s nothing adoring the walls just yet. The bulk of my bathroom is brown tile and lots of cream walls too so right from the start I knew I wanted to go pink. I’m disappointed that it’s difficult to get a shot of how it looks overall rather than just on this wall but you’ll have to use your imagination.

DSCF1135

So now I’m back to doing my table cloth. I’m almost half way . . . in rounds. I’m a long way from half way when you consider that every second round is an increase one, which means it’s just going to get bigger and bigger and each round will take longer. It’s currently taking about and hour a round so I can only imagine how long it will take by the time I get to the last ten or so. But it’s still lots of fun.

The only down side is that I may have to put it down for a couple of days as the muscles in my left thumb are really starting to get painful. I think it’s probably the weight of all that cotton. I did a little at the table this afternoon and that was easier so perhaps that’s the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment