About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ride 'em Cowboy


We have this wonderful riding school for the disabled here in Tauranga and Rogan is now a part of it.

He has a minor spine condition where his spine at the base of his head is slightly twisted and this affects quite a few of his functions. So his physio decided he might benefit from a couple of terms at the riding school.

This was his first ever time on a horse and he just loved it. He was very pensive to start with but after a couple of minutes he had a huge grin on his face and can't wait until next term when he'll be riding every Saturday morning. I think there's also the benefit of the fact that this activity is for him alone. I must admit that I couldn't believe just how little he is. When you see your kids doing the usual kid things every day you forget their real size . . . especially when they're standing in front of you being demanding or ascerting their independence. I'm wondering if we're encouraging a future jockey here.

2 comments:

  1. He looks great! This summer I'm gonna visit a friend with horses. Hopefully we will ride. I've only ridden a few times, but might take lessons myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so tiny on that horse! that's awesome that he enjoyed it so much :)

    ReplyDelete