About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sometimes I’m Hopeless

DSCF1145

I know I’ve been saying recently how hard I’ve been working on my table cloth and how I’m really wanting to get it finished and I can’t start anything new until it is. But sometimes you just need a change; and sometimes something comes along that inspires you to try something new. Today has been one of those days.

I was looking online for a pattern for a jersey for Rogan and came across some patterns for knitted afghans. This inspDSCF1148ired me to attempt some cable knitting. It’s quite fun really and quite simple once you get your head around it. But it got a little tedious quite quickly so then I remembered Corrine’s scarf that she was wearing on Sunday.

Sometimes I’m amazed at how we “Chicks” manage to colour coordinate on a Sunday morning singing session without one word between us. I was all in black and had managed to get mum to lend me her glorious red scarf. Corrine was virtually all in red with black pants. She had on this fabulous red scarf made out of large rosettes. I didn’t think much about it at the time, except that it was beautiful. Then today when I was hunting through my basket looking for my crochet hooks (that I’ve stored away somewhere so safe, I can’t remember where I’ve put them) and DSCF1146found the red wool I made Janae’s cardigan out of. Well, that was the end of the table cloth and cable knitting (for the time being). I’ve tried two variations of the flower and  this is the one I’m going for I think.

It’s a pattern I’ve just made up and it’s four rows of double crochet:

Chain 39
Double crochet in the fourth chain from the hook and two double crochet in each chain across.
Chain three and double crochet in each DC across.
Chain 2, single crochet in next all the way across and tie off.
Spiral the piece in on itself to form a bud. You can determine how tight or open the bud is depending on how tight your spiral is.

Now all I need to figure out is how many I’ll need and hDSCF1147ow to join them into a scarf like garment. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

You all know what I’ll be doing while Rogan’s having his swimming lesson in the morning don’t you. The only downside will be that I can’t stitch for a whole hour as I have to accompany Janae in her swimming lesson. Grandad is the usual swimming partner but he’s taken Nanny off for a weekend’s trout fishing so it’s down to me. The things we have to do for our kids huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment