About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baaaa . . . the great outdoors

DSCF1184

Just the other day I was sounding off about spending much of the day outdoors and how wonderful it was. Well, yesterday the great outdoors wasn’t so much fun.

We had a lovely white frost and the girls had a fabulous time finding frozen water and smashing it like bits of glass. What wasn’t so much fun was finding a stray sheep in the garden. Grandad raced over to our house and we spent half an hour coaxing the little cherub (you know that’s not the word I really want to use) back into the paddock with her pals. Whew.

And hour later and I look out the window to this view. All summer I chased peacocks away from my tomatoes and other vegetables and now it seems I have to chase sheep away from my winter plants. Alas, after two shoes being thrown at her, a lot of expletives and the expense of my patience and the little that’s left of my sanity after a week of school holidays the sheep wouldn’t budge and I have no garden left to speak of.

I think I’ll just level this area off, plant it in lush green grass, get some outdoor furniture and forget about gardening from here on in. I don’t really mean that I’m afraid. I’m so in love with being able to pop out the door and slice off a lush white cauliflower, grab and handful of beans or dig up some potatoes for our dinner that I can’t give up just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment