About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Great Outdoors

DSCF1180

I enjoy my indoor pursuits so much that I often forget just how wonderful it feels to get outdoors and get some jobs done there. Today is one of those glorious winter days where there’s not a cloud in the sky, not a breath of wind and it’s just warm enough, if you keep moving, to feel invigorated. I’ve achieved such a lot this morning that I won’t feel a bit guilty to plant myself at the table, in the sun and knit the afternoon away.

DSCF1179

Yesterday evening I collected some more camellias for my hedge and dug some out of Ann-Marie’s woodland and this morning I set to digging holes. I’ve got almost all the hedge planted now and am so pleased with it. Please, no one take a ruler to the line because there are one or two plants slightly out of alignment, but I’m happy overall with the finished product. I can almost see how lush, thick and green this hedge will look in a couple of years.

DSCF1178

I’ve got the roses pruned at last. Well, let’s be honest . . . I put the clippings in the wheel barrow while mother pruned them. I love seeing roses like this because you just know they’re sleeping soundly, gathering their strength to sprout out beautiful blooms come spring time.

 

 

DSCF1177

 

And I’ve got the barbecue area tidied away for the winter. I love deciduous trees throughout summer and autumn but I do despair of the leaves everywhere once they’ve all fallen to the ground. Now they’re all swept away and things are tucked away tidily until next summer.

I’ve also assisted Grandad while he “squared up” the floor for the garden shed, I’ve made it to the bottom of the laundry hamper once again and it’s all hanging merrily on the line and I’ve swept out the garage. See . . . there’s absolutely no reason for guilt for continuing with the indoor pursuits this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment