About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

There's Always a Solution

This evening Janae decided to assert her independence and demanded her pink pajamas. I thought she meant the warm snuggly ones with puppies on the feet but no, she'd been hunting through her wardrobe and found the summer ones I'd hidden away. Being too exhausted after a very long day to argue I had to come up with a solution that kept her happy and warm at the same time.

She looks like something out of a horror film but she was indeed happy.

I put on another pair of long and all covering pajamas underneath and added the summer ones on top. She's off to Nanas for a sleep over tomorrow night and I'm wondering if she'll insist on taking this ensemble with her. That'll have interesting results I'm sure.

The blue pajamas she wore last winter but I had to abandon them as she'd just learned how to pop buttons and I'd go in to do the last check before I went to bed and would find her completely naked (she'd also learned to take off her nappy) and uncovered. Brrrrr. As she was sleeping in the bathroom at the time (we were still living with my parents) it was just too cold to allow this very early independent streak to continue. So, it's with a bit of trepidation that I am about to go into her room and see if she's managed to keep all this lot on tonight. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!!! And a sleepover, what a big girl. Love Kate xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete