About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

What a Buzz

DSCF1186

Making Janae’s fancy and lacy cardigan was a highlight of my knitting life but this garment has been even more of a buzz.

I can’t understand quite why this very plain cardigan has felt like a milestone but it has. I guess it might be because I’ve done the whole thing by myself, the knitting is the neatest I’ve managed and it’s got insert pockets and a collar that I thought was going to be difficult but wasn’t. I bought a zipper for the front today and as I have absolutely no skill in sewing I’ve left it and the cardi at Nanny’s house so she can whip the zip in for me and then Rogan can wear it next week (if I keep nagging).

I’m not all that happy with the pockets but I’m not going to be too hard on myself. So what next?

I know I put a picture of a blanket I was going to do as my next project but I’m loving making garments at the moment and I feel like I’m on a bit of a roll so I’m going to make Janae a cardigan next. I have one more batch of four ply wool that was given to me last year that has enough balls to make clothing and I don’t really want to waste it on a blanket. So tonight I start ribbing again and get on with the next one. Of course it means that if I’ve made something for the little ones I’ll have to make something for Kayley. This will involve purchasing wool for the first time in a very long time but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

4 comments:

  1. I am full of admiration as I don't think I could make an actual garment. I can manage a scarf but that's about it! Love the colour you chose. I hope your little one keeps nice and snug in her new cardi. Keep buzzing! xo

    ReplyDelete