About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crafty Girls . . . a Prelude

DSCF1193 Our esteemed leader and creator of Crafty Girls arrived at my house this afternoon with bags full of wool. We’re hosting a Crochet Queens evening tomorrow where we’re attempting to teach the art of crochet to our friends.

My tasks this week have involved compiling an information booklet with stitch guides, a few flower patterns, standard abbreviations, recommended books as well as some great blogs and websites; my second task was to turn these ten 100g balls of wool into 20g balls of wool. Thankfully I was also supplied with a wool winder.

DSCF1194

The task is now complete and my bum is numb from being planted on the sofa for a couple of hours, but here we have it . . . lots of little balls of wool with which to be creative. I’m really looking forward to tomorrow night as we haven’t had a Crafty Girls session in a few months and what a way to kick start it again . . . nothing better than yummy treats, good coffee, crochet and some giggles. And it brings to an end some of the frenzy of my life in the past few weeks.

Kayley did a count down tonight of how many sleeps until my holiday and it’s only six. Wow, I can’t wait.

You know how you sometimes say things in jest, almost as a wish, and they come true? Well, a couple of months ago I arrived at preschool to collect Rogan and stated that I needed to find a bach (NZ speak for a holiday home and pronounced batch) to sneak away to for rest and solitude and one of the teachers jumped up and said she had one I was welcome to use. Fantastic. Well, it took a bit home_4 of organising, cajoling and pleading but I’m off on Monday for three whole days to myself. Thames is in the Coromandel which is on the East coast of the North Island. It’s a sleepy little town right on the beach and it’s just lovely. I’ve been there once before many years ago and am keen to explore it once again.

home_5

I’m going to stop by the library in Katikati on the way out of town (thanks Greedy for Colour for the suggestion), and load up on books and DVDs, I’ll drag along some craft work, warm clothes, walking shoes and try my hardest to just forget about children, housework, gardening and all the things calling me at home. And a HUGE thank you to Nanny and Grandad who are moving in to look after the little cherubs for three days. I’m a little concern that it may result in divorce by the time I get home but I’ve told them both that they have to back each other up and ask each other for help. Those of us with small children know how quickly they manage to pit one adult against another and mine are no different.  And so, off to bed to begin the “sleep” countdown. I can’t wait!

5 comments:

  1. Belinda you deserve it so much!! The podcast I was talking about is at craftsanity.com
    See you when I come back, xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful: Three days to yourself! Take LOTS of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 好文不寂寞~支持!!!!@@a 搞錯了,這不是論壇推文 XDDD............................................................

    ReplyDelete