About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Trooping On

Since arriving home from my little holiday I’ve had yet another dose of winter ills and I’m so over being ill that it’s got beyond a joke. I will not, however, let it rob me of creativity and today I’m finally posting some of my latest projects.

I haven’t not posted DSCF1213due to illness but technical difficulties. My camera charger up and died and I’ve taken time to remember to get my dad’s charger from him. Now we’re all go again . . .  well one must get organised for a Pirate Party. Here are my little treasures getting ready to celebrate their friend’s fifth birthday. But we’re not here to talk about children but knitting.

As you will know I’ve always been a self-confessed crochet freak but no longer. Now I’m totally hooked on knitting. I told in my last post about my jumper that I knitted and . . . here it is at last. DSCF1217 I have worn it and worn it as it’s one of those lovely things that knitted up about three sizes too big, is warm, cozy and just makes you feel like you should have something very cuddly and very green. As with a lot of things I’m making these days it’s not part of my usual colour choices but I’m still in love with it so I must have done something right.

DSCF1215

 

 

I’ve also made one hot water bottle cover. It’s officially Kayley’s but I noticed that when she was away last night Rogan claimed it. It certainly makes the bottle much more cozy and cuddly. I would make more but I’m the kind of person where, once I’ve made something once I can’t bring myself to do it again.

DSCF1216

I’m not sure if this picture shows the pattern very well but it was fun to do once I got into the swing of things. It’s also riddled with errors but who’s going to know. As I started this on holiday I decided that I didn’t need to be so hard on myself regarding perfection. Holidays are no place for perfectionism.

DSCF1218

And my latest project is a bright red cardigan for myself. It’s relatively plain and uninteresting to knit except for the ribbing which has this tiny little cable through it. I’m making it out of the mix and match book “1000 Sweaters” I got a couple of months back and instead of a collar I’m going to add a hood. I’ve completed the left front and, as soon as my little darlings are tucked up in bed tonight, I intend to start on the right front. I’m being very cheap with the yarn and am using cheap acrylic but that’s okay as I have a feeling this is going to be one of those garments that gets thrown on at every opportunity.

So there we are . . . up-to-date with the projects. Your guess is as good as mine where craft will take me next. I’ve met a lovely lady recently who is grandmother to Janae’s best friend and she said she can teach me Hardanger lace making. Now that should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it is so good to see - I am feeling so isolated this week that looking into your creative life is such a window to fresh air and inspiration. I hope the party was fun today, I think I was even more gutted with Hugo - but I made it up to him by letting him eat chocolate cake for breakfast. If you want to make more hot water bottles I have different patterns including one to sew. Lots and lots of love, the mum who slinked away from everyone at preschool this week (Kate) xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater...I have taken up the needles, but not in love yet...have too many unfinished crochet projects and now with school starting..less time...the kids look like they were ready for a smashing good time!

    ReplyDelete