About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Failure to Launch

I had visions at the end of last week of long hours finishing my cardigan while the children played happily and the sun shone down. Well, the children did play happily for the most part but there were other distractions I’m afraid.

I rose very early Saturday morning to get on with four loads of washing that needed folding, children’s drawers that needed sorting, bedrooms that required complete overhauls in terms of tidiness, floors to vacuum  . . . and the list goes on. Then my dad turned up to erect my garden shed.

DSCF1324

As with most men any construction job requires a person to stand, admire, hand the odd tool and give a wall a shove when required. That, for a great deal of the morning was my job. I did manage to juggle my time between the house work and the shed and we were pretty much done by the time I had to drop the kids off at Nanas while I went to music practice for the afternoon. Needless to say, after a day like this I was in bed very early so no knitting in front of the telly.

And Sunday has turned out to be only slightly more conducive to knitting. We had an early start again with practice before church but I held out hope for this afternoon. Alas, more interruptions . . .

DSCF1323

Our lovely friends John and Chris arrived with all this box hedging. Their gardener has removed it from their garden and they brought it to us knowing that I could use it. It’s a lovely gift and one that will take more time away from completing my project. I intend to get the sprinkler out this evening and soften the ground for planting tomorrow. I’m hoping there’s enough hedge to plant a little along one side of my patio. We’ll just have to see.

So, to sum up I’ve only completed one and half borders of the front and haven’t even made a start on the hood (which I’m thinking of swapping out for a collar instead). Maybe I’ll adjust my goal to completion by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment