About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Furious Knitting

DSCF1316

I’ve spent all my free time over the past two days trying to get the cardigan finished to a stage where I can sew it together in readiness for the hood and borders. At last I’m there.

I’ve tried it on and I’m happy (reasonably) with the fit and more than happy with the look. The length is perfect for keeping the lower back and bum warm in the cooler months so now I’m trying to keep the motivation going to get it completed.

DSCF1312

Because I have this strange habit of always folding over the bottom of my sleeves (it’s probably got something to do with having abnormally short arms) I decided to make the cuffs slightly longer and put the detail on the “wrong” side so that when I turn them up you don’t lose all that hard work. I’m really pleased with this.

DSCF1313

I had planned on doing both borders at the same time on one needle but then realised I’ve only got one ball of wool left so that won’t work. Alas I’ll have to be pleased with one at a time. It’s only 18 stitches so it shouldn’t take too long, so long as I keep pressing on. You never know, If I work hard, I might have it done by the end of the weekend. In fact, I might just go chose the wool for the next project to keep me going. I’ll let you know how I get along.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colour - it is so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the sleeves. I fold over too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are so clever with those sleeves - I can't wait to see it on, love Kate xxooxx

    ReplyDelete