About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Harmony

You know, I find it a little disturbing but I’m quite looking forward to the summer holidays. We stay at home, bask in the outdoors, warmth and sunshine, eat when we’re hungry, sleep when we’re sleepy and just relax. This long weekend has been exactly that and it’s been fabulous.

We’ve spent time cleaning Granddad’s hunting buggy.

DSCF1302 We’ve built huts out of lawn chairs, blankets and towels.

DSCF1307

We have cuddled lambs to make them feel better for losing their tails.

DSCF1305

And I’ve really started towards the home stretch of my cardigan.

DSCF1310

There’s still quite a way to go . . . complete sleeve, make hood, make front borders and then sew together but I finally feel like I’m getting somewhere.

So, as you can see, if our summer holiday is as peaceful, relaxing and fulfilling as this we’ll all be sad to go back to school by February.  Oh, and a big thank you to Nana who has had a different child every night for the past three nights and is coming to look after the children tonight while I go to a quick music practice.

1 comment:

  1. Yes summer holidays can be the best, however I have 8 more months of school before mine...

    ReplyDelete