About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursdays

My littlest darling (Janae) has just started a full day at preschool and I can’t believe how much you can get done without having to change dvds or pretend to be superheros down the hallway calling out “to the rescue” or drink pretend cups of tea every five minutes.

DSCF1321

I dropped everyone off this morning and joined the long line of traffic heading into town to get the groceries. Even taking a sneaky shortcut I only managed to get there in 35 minutes. But it was worth the wait as I chose the yarn for my next project . . .

DSCF1320

It’s a gorgeous denim blue cotton. I’ve changed my mind (don’t act so surprised) and I just had to make this amazing cable jumper before something lacy. I’ve been pouring over the stitch pattern for days now and it’s all starting to make a lot more sense so I couldn’t resist giving it a go.

DSCF1319

And finally I’ve cut the grass. This job usually takes about an hour and a half as I have to keep popping indoors to check on little angels, referee arguments or see to other little dramas. This morning I stopped for a five minute chat over the fence with neighbour Tony and then straight back into it. I’ve been putting this particular job off for days in hope of rain as an excuse but it’s let me down when I needed it most so I just couldn’t avoid it any longer.

Now I have two hours left before I start to collect the children one by one so I’m going to put my feet up and keep on with my red cardi in a bid to keep my promise of finishing by the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Thursdays are also my child free day - I never actually achieve anything other than catch up on some much needed ZZZZ and enjoy the peace and quiet :) Today I went and browsed the shops by myself - pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like bliss. Well done you. My other child free time is Monday morning and that's very much a blob time. I refuse to do anything on Monday mornings.

    ReplyDelete