About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finished at Last

DSCF1345

I plodded through last night and managed to get my cardigan finished at last. And this morning, with a cool spring morning, I have been wearing it with much love and satisfaction.

I learned how to pick up stitches quickly, neatly and easily last night so there’s the added bonus of having a new trick up my cardigan sleeve as well.

DSCF1346

 

I’m very pleased that I stuck with a hood instead of just a collar. I doubt I’ll ever put the hood on but it just makes the garment feel a little more modern. I’m determined to wear it to music practice tonight as a bit of a brag . . . let’s face it . . . we’ve got to shine our lights on our gifts from time to time.

DSCF1344

 

And as I was wandering around the garden this morning I was admiring my Kaimai Sunset rose climbing against my bedroom wall and just had to share it with you. This poor rose has had a few struggles this year with rust and aphids but it’s had a spray now and is really starting to show its true colours. It’s quite a sight as you drive up to the house each day. Thank you Anne Marie for your very wise suggestion of rose.

1 comment:

  1. Well done - I am so looking forward to seeing it on. Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete