About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Birthday . . .

untitled

To me! I can hardly believe another year has gone around. What a whirlwind life is when you get closer to 40. But, to make it a whole lot sweeter I had some friends over last night for wine, Cranium, many, many laughs and lots of yummy food. Yesterday afternoon my mother brought over all these gorgeous roses from her garden to brighten up the living room. They’re just so luscious that you can’t keep your eyes off them.

Candles

And I was spoiled rotten too. I don’t ever expect gifts so when they arrive it’s both a shock and a blessing. Anna gave me these lovely scented candles for my kitchen bench. They haven’t photographed well but they’re tall, black and smell delicious. Thank you Anna.

necklace

And Carolyn gave me this stunning necklace hand crafted by another friend Carolynne. Now I know you’ll love this and wonder where you can get something similar. Carolynne is having a pre-Christmas showing of all her “bling” at the Omokoroa Centre down by the village pharmacy on Friday night from 7pm so get yourself along there to treat yourself for Christmas or to get something for a well deserving lady that you know. You’ll love giving it and she’ll love wearing it. I know I’m going to wear mine everywhere.

So this morning I’m child free, which is possibly one of the greatest gifts a mother could hope for on her almost 40 birthday (on her 40th she’s expecting a child free weekend). So I’m going to get all the wine glasses put in the dishwasher, get out the eggs, lemon, bacon, bread and anything else I might require for a slap up eggs benedict breakfast for one. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a wonderful night...hope your day is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete