About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Note to Self . . . Get Citronella Candles and Bug Spray

jumper

I’ve been trying to enjoy this balmy evening out on the patio knitting my jumper. Unfortunately the bugs have got the better of me as I spent more time swatting little biting things than knitting so I really need to get some anti bug stuff as I have a feeling I’ll be doing more of this as the summer wears on. Aside from the bugs, however, I’ve been really enjoying this project. I can’t believe there are only seven rows to go before I start working on the arm holes.

Every row is different and requires a level of concentration that plain old stocking stitch just doesn’t call for. Thankfully, however, it’s a very forgiving pattern and the copious errors don’t show too badly. And I’m loving knitting with cotton in a way I never did with crochet. It’s going to be a dream to wear as it’s super soft and light. I just can’t wait to get it finished now.

Over all it’s been a fabulous day really. I was treated to a hair cut for my birthday by the wonderfully lovely Doreen. The children and I picked the first of our summer vegetables from the garden (a broccoli and a cabbage) to go with our spaghetti Bol for dinner. Janae and I had unexpected visitors this morning and I finally got the first proof of our ads completed for the Carols in the Park event that’s coming up in a couple of weeks. My coffee/bible group is organising carols “for the children, by the children” in our local park this year so if you’re around Omokoroa on December 4 come on down, bring your picnic dinner and join us in some singing. All that’s left for me to do is fix the errors in the proofs, distribute them to the schools and various other places, con a friend into playing the keyboard for us (but we won’t ask him to sing as he’s far too good and will put the rest of us off) and turn up on the day.

Well, time’s marching on and despite the fact it’s far too tempting to stay out and enjoy the evening I must get off to bed as Janae and I have to dance our little feet off at Mainly Music in the morning. See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment