About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Birthday Galore

DSCF1405

I cannot believe how many birthdays there are this week. The most important, of course, is that of our little Janae. She will be three tomorrow. Here are her gifts from us all wrapped and waiting to be discovered in the morning.

I’ve spent all day shopping and preparing for the party tomorrow. Seven little girls racing around the lawn . . . can you hear the noise?

But we’ve been so blessed because Janae’s best friend Ava has her very own bouncy castle and she’s bringing it tomorrow. I’m praying for no rain so that they can be outdoors and having fun rather than cramped in the toy room so here’s hoping.

DSCF1411

It’s also Anna’s birthday today. I haven’t had a chance to see her so here’s her gift ready for when she drops off her daughter tomorrow morning. She’s a choc-o-holic so it’s just a box of chocolates. But it comes with a caveat: she must not allow her husband to hide them from her and if she wants to sit down and eat them all in one sitting then she jolly well should!

DSCF1412

And Nana’s birthday is on Saturday. She’s always been disappointed because Janae was born a day early and they don’t share a birthday, but I think it’s better that way. I’ve bought her a rose from the children. Nana has a lovely big deck off her lounge with lots of pots and plants and, while she’s not strictly a rose plant person, I know that every summer, when this flowers, she’ll think of her grandchildren.

So, it’s happy birthday to all, and to all a happy birthday. The cake is cooling in the kitchen ready for icing tomorrow; the party treats are in the pantry; the gifts are wrapped. All that’s required of me now is a decent night’s sleep so that I can cope with the chaos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment