About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas may be for children . . .

 DSCF1437

But Christmas Trees are not!

I hate how anally retentive I get about Christmas Trees, the correct way to decorate them and the perfect placing of each ornament with love, precision and care. So this year I’m trying my hardest to let the tree be, just as it is and not tamper with it when the children are sleeping soundly and unaware of what I’m up to.

DSCF1438

 

Yes, I’m afraid I have been known to take all the decorations off the tree and re-apply them hoping they won’t notice the difference. This year I’m determined to leave it just as it is.

Of course, it doesn’t help that I’m suddenly laden with a summer cold, have sneezed for two days and have a temperature on the inside at the same time our day is having a “temperature” of its own. Colds are so much easier to handle when it’s cold outdoors.

We attempted to enjoy our tree erection process aided by favourite songs like Snoopy’s Christmas, Rudolph and Jingle Bells and the kids had a great time showing off their handywork to their Dad when he arrived so it can’t be as bad as I feel it is.

So it’s the last week of school and kindy and then we’re into the holidays for six weeks. I’m starting to get worried now as I’m fed up after one day: what will we be like by the time school goes back? I’ll be sure to let you know if we survive!

1 comment:

  1. We still have a week and a half. Our last day is the 23rd. Then we are off for about 10 days and then back to school the first week of January.

    It'll pass, just keep 'em busy!

    ReplyDelete