About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Janae

DSCF1424

As I write this blog Janae and Rogan are playing on Janae’s new water slide. Well, Rogan’s having a ball and Janae is so tired from all the excitement she’s sitting naked in the middle of the lawn crying. However, don’t let the current mood lead to you believe that her third birthday has been anything other than very successful.

DSCF1414

Her gifts were opened excitedly by six thirty this morning. Thankfully, the scooter was a huge hit. Every person who arrived this morning was greeted with a display of how clever she was on it.

 

 

DSCF1419

 

All her gifts were received with a very grateful “Thank you” before being ripped into with glee. Here she is carrying Nanny’s gift in.

 

DSCF1416

 

There was, of course the mandatory licking of the icing bowl to be undertaken this morning.

 

DSCF1421

 

 

Lots of yummy food to be eaten . . . most of it sweet and tasty . . . which will account for a good deal of the mood going on right now.

 

DSCF1417

And a birthday cake to be eaten. I apologise for my huge lack of finesse in cake making. It really is not my forte, however, when you’re three you don’t really care do you?

 

Now I’m counting down the hours until bedtime. We have another huge day tomorrow with celebration lunches for Nana’s 65th birthday and then the Christmas carols in the park tomorrow night. Boy, it’s going to be a long day on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment