About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Brother the Artist

DSCF1441We’ve had a surprise visit from my brother this weekend and the children have had a fabulous time hanging out with their dad. But the biggest blessing came when he handed me his portfolio case and I pulled this partially complete drawing out.

Now, I’ve always known my brother was talented but I had no idea just how talented. This girl is so beautiful that I feel sad she has to return to Auckland with Andrew to be completed and, no doubt, sold on to someone else. Oh how I wish she could stay.

DSCF1443

My brother has chosen an interesting life; a life where he has no fixed abode, where he spends his days sitting on inner city streets and creating work like this. I’ve been guilty of being quite frustrated with his choices, disbelieving of some of his tall tales and sceptical of whether he was truly creating works of art or just bumming around. I definitely have to re-think the latter.

DSCF1444

 

My mum and brother have taken the children to play at the school for an  hour so I can begin to prepare lunch in peace and they can have some time with him without me telling them off all the time. So I’m now going to take myself to the kitchen and make quiche and salad and gaze upon this. I must make him promise to draw something for me . . . and I’m even willing to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment