About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birthday gifts complete

DSCF1655

It’s been one of those lovely days where I’ve baked, visited and enjoyed morning tea with a friend, and completed our birthday gift for Sunday . . . all with a three year old trying to get me to participate in her one child concert, make me pretend to be her baby and generally chatter all day.

The cupcakes have come up really well and I’m so happy with them. They look almost good enough to eat . . . especially once I mastered my cherry pattern. But I’m most pleased with my decision to re-work the placement of the flowers on the hat.

DSCF1653

I’ve laid them along the rim and they look both more natural and more appealing to the eye. I feel more sure that the birthday girl’s mother will be more likely to let her child wear the hat than the way I had it before.

And that’s the craftiness over for this part of the day. Best get out and mow those lawns before the big storm comes tonight. I had been crossing my fingers that it’d rain much earlier but, alas, I’m out of luck so better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment