About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Crafty Friends Working Together

DSCF1656

One of the things I love about having crafty friends is the ability to assist one another. I was almost complete making the flower for this hat and I had to knit loops for the centre. The directions seemed straight forward until I attempted to put them into practice. Nope, no luck.

Well, this morning I had coffee group and took my flower along to finish sewing in ends and attach it to the hat. I mentioned to my friend Carolyn that I couldn’t do the centre. She whipped out her knitting needles, cast on five stitcDSCF1657hes and within minutes we had it worked out.

How brilliant to have helpful and lovely friends to enjoy creativity as much as I do. And the best part of coffee group this morning was Corleah’s invitation to her birthday celebration next Thursday morning. You see it’s not only an opportunity to get together to celebrate a birthday but she’s organised for us to make “fascinator” hats while we’re there. We are very excited about this as we we’ve promised to all wear them to Church on the Sunday morning. Can’t wait to show you the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment