About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Eureka

DSCF1675

It could be that I’ve completely lost the plot. I’ve spent the past two hours battling with four needles only to produce this tiny little lime. I was determined that I was going to beat my fear of four needle knitting and I think I’ve done that, but I did burst out laughing once I’d completed this because it just seemed a little like I’d gone mad.

DSCF1674

I decided that, since my mother’s in England, my children are all off being educated for the day and I could almost guarantee that the phone wouldn’t ring I’d give it a go. I’m pleased I did because, like most things, I really wasn’t as difficult as I’d built it up to be.

DSCF1676

I have been given this gorgeous book from my lovely friend Kate (Greedy for Colour) . . . most likely because I’d been “borrowing” it for about six months . . . and I’d pretty much exhausted all the flowers I’d wanted to make on two needles. I’m desperate to make hollyhocks, calla lilles and other beautiful little treasures. Now I’m feeling I have a little more confidence to do so. What will I do with all these blossoms? I have no idea, but I should imagine there’ll be more elaborate hats coming your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment