About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ahhh The Pressure

After a year of giving away my crochet and knitting wishing I could actually make a living out of craft it seems the gifting has paid off. I was hurriedly getting these little flowers finished off for the party headbands so that I could make a start on Janae's ballerina doll. I'd just completed them when a text came through ordering three hats. Thankfully they haven't got back to me with sizes and colours just yet as supplies are getting low and I'll have to go get some more. So I started on Ballerina (Janae will have to come up with a name soon) and I got another text ordering another hat . . . one that will have to be done by Sunday. Thankfully it's just a plain black hat so it's an easy Saturday-night-in-front-of-the-telly job. But my dining room table is starting to resemble a bomb site . . . not to mention all the little off cuts of wool laying about the carpet looking like confetti on a wedding day.

 But I did make a start on Janae's doll. She's not looking all that attractive right now and I'm quite pleased that my little darling isn't home to see her or she'd probably be traumatised. I'm hoping that the addition of hair tomorrow might improve things slightly. Here's hoping anyway.

And I just had to share this photograph of my ottoman. A tiny piece of me thinks I might just leave it as it is because it seems to be a very successful toy. Janae was using it as a preschool with her teddies this morning, Kayley has used it as a music studio with her keyboard and Rogan was using it as a boat and has loaded it with a "cargo" of wooden blocks. Thank goodness my mother is 12,000 miles away because she hates this kind of mess. It can stay there until morning because my little school darlings will be out of the house by 7.30 so I can clear it up before my morning tea date . . . that's so long as I don't get sidetracked by a craft project. I'll remind myself to be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment