About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Garden at my Table

Today has been one of those where I thought I was going to get nothing achieved. And then, like magic, I'm at the end and quite a few chores have been achieved.

I have finally made it to the bottom of my laundry basket after all the rain we've had. Now our drawers are full to overflowing with clean clothes.

I have managed to get the lawn mowed. There is only one issue with this: every time I mow I keep praying it'll be the last time for the winter. We have, however, had such mild weather so far that it keeps on growing. Here's hoping that's the end of it for a few months.

And, while Janae was at Mainly Music this morning, I made some more treasures. I'm loving the bumble bee and the butterfly. Now all I have to do is make something to fix them to. I think I'll have to make a start on some hats tonight. I did promise myself an early night though so I'm going to have to be firm with myself as I want to have all my faculties to browse the knitting/crochet isle at the library in town. I haven't been there for ages and I need some inspiration for some new ideas of things to make. Hopefully someone returned a whole lot of books today and they'll be waiting patiently for me to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment