About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Me and Miss Marple?

DSCF1679

I had been kidding myself into believing that because I’ve had success with two flowers on four needles I’d be fine to whip up a pair of socks. Ha! Miss Marple makes it look so easy as she sits knitting and solving multiple murder mysteries. I can’t even manage it in complete silence and
un-interruption. I have managed to get all the way to the toe and now I’m completely stumped. I need some alone time with Nana Elsie because she’s the most proficient knitter I know and feel sure that she could talk me through it step-by-step. Unfortunately she’s not due here until November. She’s also left handed and I have a few leftie friends who want to learn to crochet so I’m guessing my one-on-one time with my grandmother may not be quite as one-on-one as I’d like.

Bon_voyage_gloves1

So I’m heading back to two needles and will attempt to make these gloves instead. Don’t you just love the vintage photograph? I love the internet as there’s so much available for free. You can get this pattern here. I’m hoping I’ve enough four ply wool to complete two gloves (assuming I get that far, that is) otherwise I might be wearing gloves of different colours. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. keep going with the sock and then you can teach me! Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete