About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh no . . . new projects

We were so busy chatting and learning this morning that I didn't have time to take pictures of what we were making. Birthday girl's mother loved the things I had made and does want 10 headbands so I'm busy making flowers tonight.

What's the rush? I've been loaned this gorgeous book.

I simply adore Jean Greenhowe's designs. They're such beautiful dolls and so easy to make. And what I love most about this book is the little accessories that go with each figure.

I have a friend who is going to have a baby boy in a few months and I thought that every little boy needs a fireman to love, cuddle and play with so I'm going to make this for his first day.

Janae loves the doll I made last year and gets disappointed that I won't let her play with it, and she's completely obsessed with Angelina Ballerina that I have to make this for her.

There's also a nurse that Kayley wants so I think I'll be busy making dolls for a while. But I have to be good and finish the birthday order first. I'll also have to find time to make some more headbands and hats to take down to our centre for selling. My father was being cheeky telling me that I had no right to complain about being worn out as every time he sees me I'm crocheting. When I pointed out that I was actually "working" and earning money he started to see it all in a different light so I'd better keep earning or he might tell me off.

Now I've got to telephone my building buddy. She's got the webbing and we need to make a date to finish our ottomans (I can never decide if it should be ottomans or ottomen). So much to do. So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment