About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Okay so maybe I lied

It turns out that I just could not bare the green and black combination in the cushion I posted the other day so I've scrapped that even though I'd decided to finish what I started. I don't think I'd be a true yarn lover if I didn't have unfinished WIPs hiding all over the house. Shhh, just don't tell my mum.

So I've started this little gem. I just love it. I don't normally like doing a variety of colours in one square. It's not due to any aesthetic sense,more due to laziness . . . I get fed up with tucking away all those tails. I have, however, started out as I mean to carry on and am tucking away the tails at the end of each square and am joining as I go so hopefully the end process of putting fronts and back together will be easy, when the time comes.

 And my mother would be proud of this effort . . . the fact that I've finished this cushion without getting started on some other mammoth project is inspiring even to me. I'm completely in love with this. Janae thinks it's "her" cushion but I've made her believe it's her cushion that lives on the sofa. So far she seems happy with that.

I did wonder if it should have been circular but I think square works too.

Now it's time to whip the dinner dishes into the dishwasher and then curl up to make a few more squares. I've also promised to turn up with some home baking to coffee group tomorrow so I'll have to fit that in before bedtime. Mmmm, custard creams I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment