About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sock Snobbery

I have decided that I was becoming a bit of a sock snob, trying to force myself to be the best four needle sock knitter ever. That was quite a joke really because my four needle skills left a lot to be desired. And, once I'd made a pair on four needles and a pair on two needles I decided I liked the two needles result better. So, I'm now proud to present Janae's feet adorned in gorgeous Opal knitted socks.





And here are Kayley's pair. I love this wool and am off on Thursday to get some fair isle wool to make Rogan some. I have worked out a pattern for little feet and once I've tested the pattern on Rogan's feet I'll post it. They're really straight forward and look totally cosy. I think I'll have to work out a pattern for big feet too.

 I had a wonderful surprise yesterday. A lovely lady from our church has found out that I love to knit and crochet and she turned up at my front door bearing gifts. She was once an avid crochet-er too and wanted me to have her collection of hooks. I don't go in much for "personality types" but whatever mine is I love things in neat, orderly lines . . . especially packaged in special holders so this gift was like the crown jewels for me.

So now it's on to another project that's been on hold while I battled with sock madness. I'm about to start a tea cosy. Check out this gorgeous tea cosy. I won't be putting the beads on though, nor the pom poms. Remember that collection of flowers I did last week? I've decided they will adorn this beautiful creation. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment