About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

This birthday party order has been playing with my head a bit. I have no patterns, nor ideas to steal from elsewhere so I've had to actually come up with my own designs. This isn't something that usually works well with me. These headbands, however, have been a real success in my eyes.

Birthday girl's mother had suggested something much more Can Can girl than this but when I went to add the feathers it just didn't look right so I'm hoping that she will love these when she sees them tomorrow.


You will have to forgive my model not being completely clean faced but she was in the middle of dinner when she volunteered for the job. Food smears aside she still looks gorgeous. I think, once I've finished the order I may have to make some for my girls.

This little project, however, I'm not sure how I feel about. Mum asked for a ring and I've been racking my brains all week wondering how on earth I'm going to achieve that. This is just a rolled rose made with beads and stitched onto a three strand knitted cord that I've sewn together to make a 'ring'. I think I might try a ball in crochet cotton tonight once the little treasures are in bed and I can concentrate. I think that might look a bit better. But my kids love this so maybe the birthday girl will too.

All the baking was done today. I haven't got pictures because I've put it all away safely so we don't eat it all by tomorrow morning. I don't think even my family could go through 18 lemon sponge muffins, 40 chocolate chip cookies and about 20 pieces of peanut butter chocolate slice, but you never know. I'm looking forward to my friends coming over tomorrow morning to sit at my table in the sun and create together. It's days like tomorrow that make me so grateful for being a mum who gets to stay at home.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous - I love it and perfect for the whole moulin rouge look. I am going to have to make one for me now...

    ReplyDelete