About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tiny Treasures

DSCF1727

Because I have a sick child today, and because I’m awaiting a time to go and purchase more colours for hats I’ve decided to concentrate on making the flowers today (while I pray for the rain to stay away so the washing dries).

Every time I start a new flower pattern I think . . . hmmm, this will never end up looking like the picture; but I keep knitting, faithfully following the pattern and, voila, there’s the flower from the picture. I just love these little snowdrops. They’re so delicate and fresh looking. I especially love them against this dusky purple too.

DSCF1731

This little flower was a bit of a challenge as it was created on the dreaded double pointed needles. Still, I got there in the end and, despite the few mistakes, I’m quite happy with it.

DSCF1732

And all the while I was knitting this poppy I was certain it would be a disaster but it’s turned out to be one of my favourites.

My next project is going to be carnations. I don’t particularly like carnations as flowers but I have a feeling they’ll look pretty good on a wee hat. I’ll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment