About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Too busy to create

It's been one of those days that has just slipped away from me with little input or thought. I managed to get the front of yesterday's cushion complete last night but can't complete the back due to a lack of yarn. Oh what a shame, I'll just have to go to Spotlight tomorrow morning.

I did, however, have an hour to start the next cushion but I'm not happy with the colours. I had blues in mind really, but I've started now so I'll finish it, but I think there'll be some blue purchasing tomorrow too.

So after my hour off I had worship practice for a couple of hours, we had to go and watch Rogan come last in the Cross Country run and then home to go to the neighbours to raid their fruit trees.

This gorgeous specimen above is a Tamarillo. I'm assuming it's an Asian fruit introduced to New Zealand. I have awful memories of this fruit. Once, when I was about 10 my friends and I gorged ourselves on them and I came home with a very sore tummy, promptly threw up all over my father and have never eaten one again. Kayley, unfortunately, loves them. Just the sight of them makes me feel a little queasy to this day.

We also selected a mountain of mandarins. Yum. These have been a delicacy in our house this autumn as my little tree is still a good 12 months from producing fruit and the prices in the grocers have been quite high. When my neighbour telephoned this morning and said help yourself to as much and as often as you like I almost bit his hand off. Thanks John.

And I just had to include this picture of my little deep sea divers. Do you think the children are telling me it's time I took them round to Nanny and Granddads for a swim? Bless their little cotton socks. Thankfully Granddad has just dropped of the big bucket of lego and, despite the fact it's currently spread all over the living room floor, it's the most peace I've had at five pm for many a day. Long may it last!

No comments:

Post a Comment