About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Weekend Holiday

I had been feeling like I needed a holiday this week. Then, as the weather closed in for another weekend, it dawned on me. My parents house is currently empty as they're both away having their own adventures. They have a lovely hotpool, sky tv, gorgeous views, lots of room; it was the perfect holiday destination.

So Friday afternoon we quickly packed up our stuff and headed off. We didn't need to head far as they're only about 10km away. A quick hot swim, dash into town to grab some dinner then home, a bit of telly and the kids were off to bed.

Being the geek that I am, I use my parent's MiSky to record a programme called Edwardian Farm where two archiologists and an historian live for a calendar year in a specific era. This time it's the Edwardian era. I LOVE this kind of telly so I have hours of viewing to catch up on. While I was watching I created my second cushion.

Young Brenna visited with her mother on Saturday and snuggled up to the first cushion I'd made. "Why don't you post both sides of the cushions on your blog?" she asked. Good point. So here is the back side of the cushion. I'm really not a stripes person but I couldn't resist incorporating all the colours used on the front. Hopefully this side won't be seen too much, but it's still fun.

So Janae and Rogan quickly curled up on the sofa to watch their own favourite documentary River Monsters tonight while I started dinner. You know, I'm quite pleased with the effect of these on the old comforter.

All I have to do now is figure out which craft I'm going to take with me to the hairdresser tomorrow morning. I will have two hours of peaceful bliss to fill so I'll have to think of something. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: