About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 6, 2011

What to do with Rainy Days

It's a bank holiday, it's raining and it's too early to find out if the video store is open. I had made my children promise to stay in bed until seven this morning . . . I guess that was wishful thinking. It was also wishful thinking hanging two loads of washing on the line; you'd think I'd have learned after 40 years of being lied to by the weather man, that I'd think twice before trusting him.

However, all is not lost. I kidnapped Polly Precious from Janae's bed last night to see if my tiny cardigan fit her okay. Now Polly Precious has taken ownership of it. That's okay as I'm not very happy with a couple of my executions. It's just nice to know that it will fit a baby sized human being. This said, though, I am now completing an order for a bonnet for Polly as Janae tells me that her head is getting cold too.

The other thing completed this morning was the icing of Kayley's cake. I was given this glass lazy susan for my birthday and this has been the first opportunity I've found for using it. The cake certainly looks delicious and I'm about to slice it up for our morning tea, accompanied by a hot cup of tea. Mmmmm.

Of course, with the making of icing comes the "licking of the bowl" ceremony. Janae and Rogan made short work of cleaning out the left over icing and Janae has a mouth to prove it. I sometimes feel like a terrible mother. Fancy letting my children eat chocolate frosting straight after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment