About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Holidays, Colds and Crochet

It's the middle of the school holidays and I have two children down with nasty colds. I sent Rogan off to deal with his man flu with Nana. He was reclined on the sofa, cheeks red from a temperature, nose blocked and looked up at me through sleepy eyes. "Because I'm sick, does that mean you'll do everything for me?" He asked. Hmmm, thought I. It must be time you had a few days with Nana. Poor little lad.

But on the up-side, Nanny is back from England and she came home bearing gifts . . . most importantly my first issue of Mollie Makes. I've had it less than a week and it's plain to see that I've read it multiple times, it's dog eared already and I'm loving making the first little bits and planning the bigger projects. I have just one issue with this publication . . . it makes me want to do all sorts of very ambitious things like screen printing fabric.

The other thing I've been working on while the rain falls and the children cough is hats using more fun textiles. I found these gorgeous fluffy yarns for a very reasonable price and wondered how they'd work in a hat. Thankfully Janae is always willing to be my hat guinea pig so she's got a stash of hats now.


I promised the little girls down the road a hat each and have decided that the new and improved ones will go down a treat!


I'm loving this one for Holly. I got this ribbon the other day and knew that it'd look lovely round a hat. The flower is a pattern from the MM Mag.


And Sarah's flower has the new yarn around the outside. I'm not sure if I like it or not but I'm sure an eight year old will think it's pretty cool.

I have been so inspired by the little MM flower that I'm currently working on a cushion with that at the centre of each square. It's nice to be making something for myself again!

1 comment:

  1. ooh lucky you getting your hands on that mag- I have seen it on so many blogs now! I looked up an international sub and it was crazy how much it was!! lovely hats, they will definitely go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete