About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Needs Must

It was such a cold, wet and dismal day that after a hot lunch I was finding it difficult to stay awake in front of the fire this afternoon. Expecting to have to stand in the cold and cheer on Kayley at netball, and having made it to bed by 10pm for the last three nights (a miracle in this house) I knew I needed a quick project to be sure I didn't fall asleep.

I whipped out my Stitch and Bitch - The Happy Hooker book and found this scarf pattern. You know, I really recommend this book for all crocheters because I've made almost half of all the project in there now and every winter I open it up and make one more.

The scarf in the pattern is only one colour but as I tend to dwell in black clothes over the winter months and because I've claimed my fushia flower hat for myself I chose to do a striped version of the colours of my hat.

Thankfully netball was cancelled as I hadn't finished it yet. I took the kids to Nanny and Granddad's for a hot swim and I sat watching and finishing the scarf. My fingers became more and more numb but I was determined to get it done. Needless to say, the minute the last tail was safely tucked away, never to be seen again, an eight year old tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Cool, can I have it?" Well, she can't "have" it but she did get to wear it for the rest of the afternoon. I think I'll be making another one very soon.

1 comment: