About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All About Colour

This morning was one of those where I didn't feel like getting out of bed, going anywhere or doing anything. You know those mornings at the close of winter when you're fed up with dark starts, cold weather and if you went somewhere hot and relaxing you don't think you'd ever come home? Yep, that's how I felt as I dragged myself out of my bed today. It's not been the ideal day with some tough family news, but it's all okay when you head out to the patio and find this little gem waiting to greet you.

I've watched these spring flowers for weeks anticipating their final arrival and this is the first one. If only you could smell it because it's just sensational. And there are lots more that are about to burst forth too. I'll have to wait a few days before I can snip some to sit on my kitchen table and keep me company.

So I laid this on the table instead this afternoon. Life, being what it is, hasn't allowed me the head space or even physical space do do any work on it in the last couple of days, but that's okay as I need to get some more yellow tomorrow. I think I'll try to get some more colours too. I think I'd like to add some greens and some purples just to make it feel a bit more complete.

Thankfully I'm still loving the look of it. I'm amazed at how the variegation in colour is working and how these colours seem to work together despite their brightness. Hopefully tonight I might get to completing another one but I'm not too hopeful of that. I think another early night is beckoning. But perhaps I'll be able to post a much more complete blanket next week. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. this is so lovely... would you mind sharing what yarn you used, and if you followed a specific pattern? thanks! happy to have found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete