About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Love Kite Flying

I arrived at my parents this afternoon to what was shaping up to be a stormy afternoon. The wind was blowing and Janae said she wanted to make a kite (or a hite as she calls it). I quickly remembered that we have some kites hidden away in a cupboard. We hid them away because the last time we used them both Rogan and Janae let go at the same time and they ended up attached to the neighbours roof. These particular neighbours weren't very impressed by the events so we haven't done it since.

Today I made sure that I had a firm hold of the string as well as Janae and we had a ball. As I'm particularly camera-phobic I made mum help Janae while I snapped.

But it hasn't all been fun and games today. Last night I finally finished my cushion cover . . . and here it is! My mother has this lovely and rustic looking seat at her back door so I made use of it to show of the colours in the cushion. This design is so far outside my comfort zone that I can't even begin to explain it to you. But I think I love it. It's also completely random which is also against the grain.

I didn't have to purchase one ball of yarn to make this and that's always a bonus . . . especially when showing a completed project to tight fisted mother . . . I am mean. I did, however, have to purchase some yarn for my second project which you can see sneaking into the bottom right of the picture. I've only done three squares and I'm already head-over-heels in love with it. I think, once I've shown it off over the sofa for a couple of weeks that it might live on my bed. I'm so scared of the children trying to drag each other round the lawn on it that I don't think I'll be letting them anywhere near it.

Tonight the All Blacks are playing rugby against the Springboks and as I don't have Sky TV I'm spending the night at my folks with the girls. Which means I'd better stop enjoying blogging and head down to the kitchen to prepare dinner. MMMMMmmmm wild venison on the menu tonight. No faffing about with it . . . sear it, rest it and eat it. What I'm going to put with it is causing some concern though. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment