About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Never Discount the Healing Properties of a Cup of Tea

I needed rescuing from my children this morning. Boy, what a whirl-wind start to the week. Little Rogan has been coming into my room two or three times a night for the past couple of weeks, so you can imagine how tired I am. Added to this is the tension that usually arises when the children are gearing up for a visit with their mum. This morning it all came to a head and I thought "if I don't get out of here I'm going to hurt someone". So I bolted for the door and two minutes solace.

Poor little darlings got quickly on the phone to Nanny and Granddad and they came racing to my rescue. Isn't it strange how our parents can drive us potty but they're always there when we need them?

Anyway, Granddad loaded the kids into my car and took them off to school and pre-school while Nanny gave me a big cuddle, sat me on the sofa and made me a cup of tea. It's just the British way, but it works. Now the house is quiet, the washing is on the line, the floors are hoovered, the beds are made, the toilet and toilet floor are sparkling clean and I'm waiting for Andrea to arrive with her vibrant personality and funny stories.

Thank the Lord for grandparents and cups of tea!

1 comment:

  1. Tea made with love is the best thing in the world isn't it. Hope this morning is a better one, Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete