About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Some Days are Just Bliss

Sometimes there's a day, out of the blue, that just warms your bones, your soul and makes you glad that you're alive. This afternoon turned out to be one of those days.

I had to pick our little man up early as Nana wasn't feeling well. I had thought that might put the kybosh on my cruisy afternoon. It was, however, brilliant as he and our little one played for hours and they played well.

I dragged the sun umbrella out of hibernation, got the outdoor seat covers out of hiding and grabbed my crochet bag out of the car and settled down for a wonderful afternoon.

Rogan and Janae made up a game called "Don't get touched by the ball" where they bounced Rogan's ball on the trampoline and tried to avoid being touched by it. I'm not sure the neighbours appreciated the noise, but it was music to my ears after a week of fights, tantrums and crying. And I was quite impressed with the game . . . very inventive.

And I made that pot of tea I'm always banging on about, but never usually get around to making, settled myself at my favourite summer spot and created. Now it's not really summer, and I think the halter neck top I put on was probably a bit optimistic as within half an hour I had a cardigan on too, but it was the promise of the long months ahead that blessed me the most.

I love summer because we all live outdoors as much as possible and I can let the children feel that I'm really a part of what they're doing but they're still doing their own thing.

Unfortunately the weather started to close in, I got colder and colder and I had to retreat indoors. But it wasn't long until my neighbour turned up with her two girls, a bottle of wine and lots of laughs. Now I'm tyring to get through the last ten minutes before bedtime. I'm sure such a fabulous day will get me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment