About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tip of the Week

I had to clean the silver this morning and I thought . . . hmmm . . . I wonder how many people know this effortless method of silver cleaning.

All you need to do is place a peace of aluminium foil in the bottom of your kitchen sink. Sprinkle a liberal amount of salt in the bottom and then fill with boiling water. Place your silver in the hot water and watch the tarnish disappear before your very eyes. I am amazed every time I do this.

I decided that I'd make a traditional sponge cake this morning and if you're making a sponge then you need posh friends to share it with. So I called my mum and asked if she'd like to bring our posh friend Ann Marie over for morning tea.

Then I took a look at my cake forks and knew it was time they had a clean. You can't entertain a posh friend with sponge cake and then expect them to eat it with tarnished silver. Of course my mum, who is not posh, showed me up by having a ding dong with the road contractors as they scraped away half my road front lawn with a giant digger. Ah well, you can't win them all. Go Mum, that's what I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment