About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

What a Melting Pot of a Day


I had to start with this photograph this afternoon because what had started as a pretty lovely day turned into a bit of shadowy affair really. I've never been big on confrontation but today I decided that it was better to have my say rather than just avoid a friend who had really upset me. I won't go into details but you can imagine how I was feeling on the inside when I arrived at school to hear this friend shouting out a telling off to my little Rogan across the play ground and then launch into a tale about his last sleepover there to the other mothers sitting with her, not realising I was standing right behind her. As you know, eves droppers never hear good of themselves so I didn't stand around to hear what it was all about and went across, got Rogan and left the school. In a very uncharacteristic move I went back to school and told her how I felt. I know Rogan is anything but the little angel he looks like; I know that he has issues with keeping his little hands to himself; I know that I'm in constant discussion with the school counselor and teacher about this; I also know that this little boy has been through a whole lot in his first five years. Thankfully the story has a happy ending in that I managed to talk my way out of a bitchy tirade into a constructive conversation. 

So now I can concentrate on the more pleasurable things from my day . . . like a yarn sale at Spotlight. Wahh Hoooo! I stopped by for my weekly Thursday morning visit and grabbed a couple of balls for my up-coming project and a ball for a hat I have on order. When I got to the counter I discovered that my already very reasonable and favourite yarn was on special. "Wait," I uttered breathlessly. "Can you keep these here and I'll go grab a couple more?" The assistant had a sense of humour thankfully, and there was no one else in the whole store. So, like a mad woman I dashed across the shop.

 And I got these two balls.

And these two balls. Talk abut a bargain. I was so excited about my purchases that I decided to come home and . . .

. . . organise my basked so it looks more like a basket of pleasure rather than a handbag belonging to a woman of ill repute. I keep popping around the corner just to gaze into this basket of promise because it makes me smile.

And then I thought I'd better be honest and show you my WIP bag. This is the bag full of bits that I'm making my cushion cover out of. I now have five rows complete and only have two more to go. As tomorrow is my other "day off" I'm planning to get a few chores done this afternoon (getting added motivation from the fact that my mother is coming over to babysit tonight and she'll frown if that giant pile of washing isn't folded and put away) so that I can drop everyone off tomorrow morning and come home to my faithful teapot and table. Hopefully tomorrow I might have a completed front to show you.

1 comment:

  1. I think you deserve a yarnapalooza!!! Talk next week, love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete