About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Can there really be too much of a good thing?

Today I was blessed to borrow a friend's sewing machine, as I've still not hauled my very old, very green 1960s singer sewing machine in to be serviced.

I have been dying to make these flowers properly and today I got the chance. I had decided that I would leave the machine away until the little cherubs had gone to bed, but having the backbone of a jelly fish, I took it out immediately and got cracking.

I'm cheating a bit because I'm showing you my favourite thing from today. This is the most beautiful flower and it's so easy to make.

Now a HUGE note here . . . this is NOT my pattern. I got it from Issue 3 of the Mollie Makes magazine and they have all their templates on their website. It's certainly worth checking it out. You can go to the Mollie Makes website and get the templates here. T


I have a nasty habit when I'm sewing. All of my lose threads I just throw on the floor beside me and hoover them all up once I'm finished. My little table has such sparse space that I don't want to clutter it up with unnecessary rubbish. Although as I look over at it now there's a dolly, some homework, a drink bottle and all my sewing gear. Hmmm, it's a good thing we love our kids.

And this is the flower I made that I hate. Thankfully, as with all the things I make and don't like, Kayley is smitten with it and has claimed it as her own. I don't think she will ever wear it (just like all the things I make for her) but she will stash it away in her desk drawer with all her other "treasures" and proudly show her friends. I'm glad she'll get something out of it. It's a shame all projects don't turn out perfect but failure is okay too.

Now tomorrow I must knuckle down and finish my cushion cover that keeps being pushed aside for quick and easy projects. I am determined to finish it tomorrow so that I can blog it and then give it to it's recipient on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment