About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crafty Girls

It's been a while since we had our last Crafty Girls get together and last night we re-did a craft that we did a couple of years ago.

I just love this craft because it's quick, it's easy and it's sooooo effective. In fact, I love it so much that I thought I might have to do a tutorial on it.

I have to pop into town tomorrow so I'll grab a canvas and then make one, taking photographs throughout so that you can follow the step-by-step instructions.

I love the pohutukawa flower the best of the two I did last night. (A pohutukawa is a native New Zealand coastal tree that's often called the New Zealand Christmas tree because it flowers over the summer/Christmas months). But I love the cupcakes too.

I have this bare space above my kitchen cupboards that needs some colour and action. I do think these two canvasses might be a little small for up here though.

And this morning was the first time in what feels like ages that the wind hasn't been howling and the rain gushing down at right angles to the ground so I snuck outside to look at my spring bulbs. This tulip was a mothers day present from Mainly Music. And I think God meant for us to get up close and personal with some of His creations, because flowers hide away most of their beauty on the inside.

And I couldn't resist this happy little bee pinching pollen from my lavender. Yum, yum!

Now it's raining again, the washing is hanging limply and wetly on the line and I have two new fabrics begging to be cut out and sewn together so I'd better sign off, get the groceries put away where they belong and get crafting in what little I have left of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment