About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Crafty Monday . . . on Wednesday


Well, it's been a busy ole time here. Trying hard not to thinking about having a cigarette means that I need to keep busy. And busy I've been.

I started out with this little cushion. I'm continuing to work on my zip skills and added a ribbon down one side too. I love this cushion, but I haven't shown you the back. Due to my complete ignorance of sewing it wasn't until I'd assembled it that I realised the two ends of the ribbon don't meet in the same place. Ah well, I'll know for next time.

I also whipped up this hot water bottle cover for little Janae. She has, until now wrapped her Hottie Hot as she calls it, in a spare pillow case. Again, I'm not going to show you the back. Today I attempted to do button holes. I'm very ashamed to say that they're about an inch difference in height. Also when I assembled to two backs and the fronts I put the button hole side below the button side and then, once I'd sewn it all together the two backs don't even quite meet in the middle. I had to laugh because I don't have any patterns. I'm just following my little brain where ever it wants to go right now.

I can't show you Janae's little top as promised as it got covered in dinner and is now in the wash. But this fabric on her hottie cover is the same as the top.

And finally, it's Crafty Girls tonight and I'm helping Carolyn to run it. It's kind of mandatory that the hostesses provide something yummy for supper so I've turned out these chocolate cupcakes. I found the recipe on the New Zealand Woman's Weekly website here and they're just divine. And the centre cupcake is covered in cupcake paper carnations that match the cases. Hopefully this will bring a smile to someone's face tonight.

No more procrastinating tonight. Four hungry children waiting to be fed and a face to slap on before heading out the door so I'll bid you good evening and catch you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh you are having fun. Can't wait to see it all in person. Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete