About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crafty Monday

Crafty Monday was a little bit low key this week, due to the winter cold. In fact, I did something I haven't done since becoming a mother of three . . . I plucked a DVD off the shelf, loaded it into the player, plonked myself on the sofa and knitted beside the fire. Actually, before I became a mother of three I only did the DVD part because I didn't know how to knit. It's amazing what can be achieved in three years.

So, here is Grandpa. He's the first of the Scarecrow family to land in our home. I can't believe just how many elements there were to make him. And, there's one that I just didn't have the energy or the patience to work out . . . his walking stick. Rogan (Grandpa's new owner) was a little disappointed about this until I pointed out that Rogan's own Grandpa was so fit and healthy he didn't need a walking stick. He seemed happy with that.

And, to top of working through the "nasty cold" quickly has been the start of a little bit of sun kissed skin today. I've been outdoors cleaning out the paddling pools ready for long and warm days, tending the garden as the vegetables grow quickly promising fresh goodness, and putting the sheep into the paddock ready for shearing time. I'd like to be able to say that my lovely little Janae was by my side learning the arts of horticultural and animal husbandry but alas she had stolen off to her big sister's room, gotten into said sister's make up and was merrily plastering as much muck as she could fit onto her little face. And, just prior to this, she had given herself and Barbie matching leg tattoos with my marker pen. Ahhhhh, the sweet bliss of childhood.

And Crafty Monday next week will be a shared event, where some crafty friends are coming by to enjoy my dining table in the sun, eat cake, drink coffee and craft together. Can't wait to see what photographs I can share next week. I haven't had a chance to get the last of the fabric for Janae's dress, and I haven't had a moment to start on my top secret project either but I have decided that I need to make some hand embroidered bibs for my cousin's baby that's due in the next couple of months so hopefully I'll have some more fun things to share in the next week. We'll just have to see if the sunshine gets in the way of the craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment