About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Finished at Last

Well, I didn't get it done by Thursday but one day late isn't too bad. Things are a little slow around here due to a new medication. I'm a dirty, rotten smoker and it's time to quit so, with the help of ground breaking drugs I'm on my way. Only trouble is, they're playing havoc with my memory a bit (to be honest, memory has never been a strong suit of mine).

But, drugs aside, I've got the cushion finished at last. I'm much happier with it complete than I was with it half complete. I'm not all together sure how I feel about the back but the front is just lovely.

So, instructions:

With centre colour chain 4 and then make two dc into the first chain.
Chain 3 and make 3 dc into same chain as previous dcs. Repeat twice (4 3dc shells and 4 3 chain spaces). Join with a slip stitch in top of starting ch 3. Fasten off.

Join second colour into any corner space. Ch 3 and 2 dc in that space. 3 dc, ch 3, 3dc in each corner space. Join with a slip stitch in top of starting ch 3. Fasten off.

Join third colour. Ch 3 and 2 dc in that corner space. 3 dc between shells. 3 dc, ch 3, 3dc in next corner space. Repeat around, Join with a slip stitch in top of starting ch 3 and fasten off.

Join fourth colour in any corner space. Ch 3 and 2 dc in that space. 1 dc in each dc and in the space between shells. 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc in corner space. Repeat around, Join with a slip stitch in top of starting ch 3 and fasten off.

Repeat last round two more times.

That's your basic square. I join as I go so once you've completed the second square don't fasten off once you've joined with a slip stitch. Place both squares with right sides together and slip stitch between the front loop of the facing square and the back loop of the rear square. This means that you won't see any joining when you turn the squares right side out.

It's probably important to note that I haven't tested this pattern, it was just sorted out as I went along. But it's pretty straight forward. Hopefully, it works.

Now, while I'm watching the first match of the Rugby World cup tonight I'll be making these gorgeous little darlings. They're roses made out of crepe paper. I found the idea here. I had a few issues getting my flowers to look like hers so I've made a couple of changes and have decided to make a wreath rather than a ball as it'll hang better in my home. These are surprising easy to make and quick too. Should have it nearly complete by the end of the first game tonight.

Now I'd better go make the lone child at home on a Friday night some dinner before she starves to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment