About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Is it really Saturday Morning?

I am surprised that my children allowed me to sleep until 7.30 this morning. I did consider getting out of bed when I heard them up at six but my eyelids were stronger than my legs and the next thing I know I have two little faces looking at me . . . "when are you going to get up?" they asked. Hmmm.

So, knowing I have visitors for morning tea, I hauled myself out of bed and got things sorted so I felt more human than sack of potatoes.

Once the muffins were cooked, washing out and beds made I turned my attention to the tissue paper I treated myself to a couple of weeks ago.

It's no secret how much I love flowers and I've spent the winter knitting them and crocheting them. I've also spent the last couple of weeks going out on to the patio to encourage my spring bulbs along in flowering. (They've responded very well to a little encouragement.) So this morning I wanted to make some tissue flowers.

This was something of an experiment as I'd like to make some big ones for the girls' bedrooms. I have, as yet, no real plan as how they'll adorn the bedrooms, but I like the idea of them.

So I found my Martha Stewart page I've been saving in my favourites list and made these beautiful gems. The link is here if you fancy making some too. They're dead easy, very quick and wholly satisfying.

Now I'll set the table for morning tea around these lovely jonquils that Nanny bought me the other day. They sit with pride on the kitchen table and make me smile even when I don't feel like it. They're the best kinds of gifts aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment