About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, September 5, 2011

More Gorgeous Paper Flowers

Oh no! Another crafty addiciton . . . and no, it's not flower making . . . it's Pinterest. Oh dear, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. If you haven't been there, this site is a must-see. It enables you to share ideas, tutorials and all sorts of other things we women love. Now it's an addiction for myself and my lovely crafty friends.

So, I decided that Monday needed a name change after spending hours trawling through gorgeous paper flower crafts. Monday is not longer "My Day Off" it is now officially "Craft Monday". And these beautiful carnations were my very first Craft Monday project.

You can find out how to make them here. I cannot tell you how easy they are to make, how absolutely gorgeous they are and how I just want to keep making more. Because I'm not a cake decorator at all, I have decided that these would be awesome on top of a yummy cake that's covered with fondant and then these little gems. Isn't it funny that I don't like carnations as cut flowers, or growing in my garden but that I'm totally in love with these? Maybe it's because I made them. Hmmm, makes you realise how God can love each of us I guess.

Anyway, Craft Monday is under way, so look out for next week. Who knows what will be in store. And the best thing? I've discovered this day far enough out from the next school holidays to be really excited about it.

Oh, and did you see the photo montage??? Thank you, thank you, thank you to Carolyn who sent me to this blog HERE and this wonderful lady shows you how to do it, what software to use and it's so user friendly that I'll be montaging everything for a while. The program also has some great editing tools too. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment