About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Playing Around

It never ceases to amaze me the things I can find to do when I should be going to bed knowing my children will be up by 6am and arguing over something by 6.30. Tonight my bedtime procrastination has been trying to create a photographic montage.

You see, my job, when I used to be more than a mummy, was to design book covers, photographic manipulation and typesetting. My favourite computer program is Photoshop and, while I have all the Adobe packages on my Mac, the computer has finally got to that age where it just doesn't like high speed internet and I can't do fun things like blogging etc. Alas, my laptop has just the basic programs, which is probably a good idea with the children using it too.

So I've been wracking my brains on how I can create lovely snapshots of my works in progress, past projects I've loved and ideas for the future in one image. I've used Paint today. Not the most successful, but what can a girl do on a budget?

So, if anyone has any knowledge of cheap or free software out there that will do a good job on basic photographic projects I'd love to hear about them.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Have a look at picasa (google), paint .Net, or gimp (a bit difficult to use at first but very powerful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete